Tokki's Life List Post (TLLP): Scaredy Usagi

I know, I know.

I'm supposed to have an update on Borealis, but I have a lot of other things to post.

Herewith, I will talk about the Teruha Suspension Bridge~!

-GASP-

Ah!

Why I speak so passionately about conquering to complete this mission is because of that:

did not complete the walk from one end to the other.

I came across this bridge when I was 11, I had a foster Japanese family who brought me out here in Miyazaki. It is located around beautiful, cascades of mountain all around in Aya Town in Kyushu's Miyazaki Prefecture.

I have the biggest fear for heights and yes, the bridge is placed ALL THE WAY UP ON A MOUNTAIN and I was just this 11 year old Tokki who was like (o_O) "You really want me to cross that bridge, Otosan?"

I didn't want to disappoint my foster family, but it was hard to tell them my fear, due to language barrier. My basic knowledge of the language was kind of fluent then, cos I was sent to a language crash course before my departure there. I would always carry a dictionary with me and I have always loved the way we communicated. They taught me a lot of things even without knowing a lot of words to explain.

Also, side note: I lost all contacts with my foster family, they're the Suzuki family but there are so many Suzuki families in Miyazaki alone (-_-); Plus, I have always keep moving to different places so very often and keep losing a lot of my contact books. So, yes, sad story! (._.   );

SO ANYWAYS,

To get to the Teruha Suspension Bridge, you'd need to drive up on winding roads to get to the top, when I first got out of the car, winds were ridiculously strong and air was chilly.

The entrance looks decent and it may not look scary to a lot of people. And I agree, at first look, it wasn't scary at all!

 

Not until I took the first step to walk on the bridge, it was so high up and steel caged floors were see-through, I could see what was underneath me and I remember how afraid I was! Side note: That's not my foot.



See, it's all the way up there and I hope now that I'm older, it won't look and feel so scary anymore; I hope that I have overcome my fears in order for me to go back to the countryside of Miyazaki and do something to make my 11 year old Tokki inside feel accomplished. So, I could feel peaceful.



Now, the only issue is for me to save a whole LOT of funds to complete this mission. The currency rates are so different and this might take me years to fulfil this mission (-__-);

I should probably open up an account to save funds solely for this mission, so I could cross it off of my Tokki's Life List!



And what's at the bottom of the mountains are majestic rivers that look like scenes taken from anime movies. I remember the Suzuki family brought me to a riverside and there was a long wooden slide where an itamae would roll down streams of fresh, homemade soba for us to catch with our chopsticks, we would dunk the soba into a cup of chilled savory broth for us to slurp up fast, and what's leftover will flow down the river that the slide is connected to.

IT'S SO COOL, I want to go and nommmmmmmmmm XD



Ah, please make this mission possible and make this an easy one for me.

Thank you (*^_^*)//

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me